Title : Anthrocon 2016 report!
Hello everyone! I'm back and home from Anthrocon 2016, my 6th one! I had a great weekend and I wanted to take a bit of time to share the details of what happened. I don't often do these, but this year I'm feeling extra motivated.
All of the photos I took!
Obviously Anthrocon! I love going there, I love the city. I love the people, just...aaaaaaa!
- I did my yearly run to Fernando's like many people do / should, at this point it's just yearly tradition. Pizza was pretty good this year!
- Enjoyed getting bagels with my drive buddies!
- Got to see all the suiters! The Arts! And all the weird cute little oddities :3
- Got to stay and a different hotel this year, about as far as the Doubletree but very classy / cozy.
- Got some cute artwork and such done. Ransom gave me two awesome prints he made as a gift for helping build a website for him! And I picked up a "Primitive Sponge" badge from Zraya! This is it!
- I took a ton of pictures, which you can find here!
- All the great drinks!! (The non alcoholic kind!)
- Got to get my yearly fursuit badge even though my head still wasn't finished! x.x
- Wound up getting free parking thanks to Fao and his roommates! Managed to save a lot not having to pay for it!
- No money stress this year!
- Gas was even cheaper than I planned for!
- Lots of new friends!
- Passed out all my business cards! Also got some ideas for art projects and hopefully some income ideas! -The staff and programming staff this year! Really awesome and on top of shit!
- Went on an awesome road trip with some long time best friends. I've never driven super far / long before! We went from Connecticut through New York, New Jersey and over to Pennsylvania!
- I ran two panels this year. The Crux meet which is always fun, lovely bunch of people (Who always seem to have the best alcohol!)(Though...didn't even drink this year. I was a good boy! ^w^)
- The other was on Overcoming Shyness and Anxiety. I was very worried about this one, that I would mess up or not say the right things, or that maybe it'd be empty. It wound up being packed, almost out the door! I was very nervous about it and made that clear to the audience. They were great though! Very kind, they applauded each other, asked questions, shared stories and really took an interest in the topic and what I had to say about it.
- In addition, a few people came up to me after the event and during the con telling me how inspired they were, what things they did with that extra boost of confidence. It was a delight to hear that I actually helped people. I definitely want to run this all again.
- Got to learn a lot about myself, stuff I like and such....met up with some people who helped me explore interests I don't often get to explore! Was a lot of awkward yet exciting experiences.
- And of course, got to meet up with some great and long time friends, always a great experience. <3
The Bad :(
Aside from sp00ky times on the highway with drunk drivers, nothing really bad happened this year! Short of missing out on meeting some people, I'm pretty sad about that, next year I've decided to write out a checklist of people I want to meet, as well as get into a better habit of posting to twitter where I am and stuff.
Also I missed a friends birthday because I was away, I tried to text her but my phone died! I felt really bad!
One of the nights I was there I had laid down on the rooftop watching the night sky. For whatever reason, I had this odd feeling of loneliness that I couldn't shake. I quietly cried to myself for a little bit, thinking about past events and whatnot. I had feel pretty bad that a special person who I used to visit AC with was no longer really in my life and it just sort of hit.
I say it's odd because I'm not really sure if it's a bad thing or not. I cried of course but mostly because of how emotional things can make me, which I consider to be a good quality overall.
So I think that is everything! It's very hard to describe every little thing that happened, but a lot definitely did. I feel very motivated for what is next, and am very excited to head over to next year's AC as well. Thank you all who helped me out so I could go, buying art and all that. And thanks to everyone who I met and socialized with, you really know how to recharge my motivation in the fandom.View Raw | Verify message | All news